Welcome to HappyMealToys.com!
I collect happy meal toys from various fast food chains.
I am currently a member of the Yahoo! Store engineering team.
Dr. Jyh-Herng Chow
Yahoo! Inc., 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089. Tel: 408-349-7286. Fax: 408-349-7966.
- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1993
- M.S., Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1990
- B.S., Computer Science, National Taiwan University, 1985
- Issued: (search
US Patent Office)
- "Method, system, and program for accessing rows in one or more tables satisfying a search criteria", US Patent 6,856,996, 2/15/2005
- "XML document stored as column data ", US Patent 6,721,727, 4/13/2004
- "Generating small footprint applications for mobile devices",
US Patent 6,654,762, 11/25/2003
- "Storing fragmented XML data into a relational database by decomposing XML documents with application specific mappings",
US Patent 6,643,633, 11/4/2003
- "Generating one or more XML documents from a single SQL query",
US Patent 6,636,845, 10/21/2003
- "Database extender for storing, querying, and retrieving structured documents",
- "Method and apparatus for indexing structured documents with rich data types",
- "Method and apparatus for creating structure indexes for a database extender",
- "Method and apparatus for querying structured documents using a database extender",
US Patent 6,366,934, 4/2/2002
- "Data visualization of queries over joins",
US Patent 6,356,896, 3/12/2002
- "Aggregate job performance in a multiprocessing system by incremental and on-demand task allocation among multiple concurrently operating threads",
US Patent 6,304,866, 10/16/2001
- "Method and apparatus for creating an index in a database system",
US Patent 6,240,407, 05/29/2001
- "Supporting dynamic tables in SQL query compilers,
US Patent 5,930,795, 07/27/1999
- "System, method, and program for extending a SQL compiler for handling control statements packaged with SQL query statements",
US Patent 5,875,334, 02/23/1999
Seven other applications pending.
- Included in International Who's Who of Information Technology in 2000. Who's Who Historical Society.
- Best Paper, International Conference on Parallel Processing, 1997.
- Best Paper, CASCON 1994.
- First Place, National Collegiate Programming Contest, the Ministry of Education, Taiwan, 1985.
"Extensible indexing Support in DB2 Universal Database", Chapter 4 in
"Component Database Systems", The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Data Management Systems,
ISBN-1558606424, Oct. 2000.
"High Level Indexing of User-Defined Types", Very Large DataBase (VLDB) '99, pages 554-564, Edinburgh, U.K., 1999.
"Index Design for Structured Documents Based
on Abstraction", 6th International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications, pages 89-96, Taiwan,
April 19-21, 1999.
"On the Linkage of
Dynamic Tables in Relational DBMSs", IBM System Journal, Vol. 37, No. 4, 1998.
"An Extensible Architecture for Supporting Spatial Data in RDBMS", International Computer Symposium, pages 93-102,
Taiwan, Dec. 17-19, 1998.
"False Sharing Elimination by Selection of Runtime Scheduling
Parameters", in Proc. International Conference on Parallel Processing, pages 396-403, 1997. Best Paper
"Supporting Procedural Constructs
in Existing SQL Compilers" in Proc. CASCON '96, pages 181-193, Toronto, 1996.
"Automatic Parallelization for Symmetric Shared-
Memory Multiprocessor", in Proc. CASCON '96, pages 76-89, Toronto, 1996.
- "FDPR/2: A Code Instrumentation and Restructuring Tool for OS/2 Executables", IBM
Programming Technology Forum '95.
"A Compiler Framework for Restructuring Data Declarations to Enhance Cache and TLB Effectiveness", in Proc.
CASCON '94, pages 270-282, Toronto, 1994. Best Paper
"Compiler Solutions to False Sharing Elimination", in Proc. IBM Programming Technology Forum, T.J. Watson Center, 1994.
"State Space Reduction in Abstract Interpretation
of Parallel Programs", in Proc. International Conference on Computer Languages, pages 277-288,
"A General Framework for Analyzing Shared Memory Parallel Programs", in Proc. International Conference on Parallel Processing, Vol. II-Software,
pages 192-199, 1992.
"Compile-Time Analysis of Parallel Programs That
Share Memory", in Proc. ACM 19th Symposium on Principle of Programming Languages, pages
"Dynamic Control of Parallelism and Granularity
in Executing Nested Parallel Loops", in Proc. IEEE Third Symposium on Parallel and Distributed
Processing, pages 678-685, 1991.
"Modeling and Design Analysis of a
Workstation LAN Server", in Proceedings International Symposium on VLSI Technology, Systems
and Applications, pages 329-333, 1991.
"Switch-Stacks: A Scheme for Microtasking Nested
Parallel Loops", in Proc. Supercomputing '90, pages 190-199, 1990.
"Microtasking Recursive, Parallel Programs", in
Proc. International Conference on Parallel Processing, - Vol. II Software, pages 282-283, 1990.
- "Parallel Execution of Lisp Programs under the Parcel Runtime Environment", M.S. Thesis, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1990
- "Compile-time Analysis of Parallel Programs", Ph.D. Thesis, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1993